DirtViz is a project to visualize data collected from sensors deployed in sensor networks. We have deployed a number of sensors measuring qualities like soil moisture, temperature, current and voltage in outdoor settings. This project involves extending (or replacing) our existing plotting scripts to create a fully-feledged dataviz tool tailored to the types of data collected from embedded systems sensor networks.
Visualize Sensor Data
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate
- Size 175 hours
- Mentor: Colleen Josephson
- Develop set of visualization tools (ideally web based) that easily allows users to zoom in on date ranges, change axes, etc.
- Document the tool thoroughly for future maintenance
- If interested, we are also interested in investigating correlations between different data streams